How can I learn more about neuroAgility and what they have to offer?
- Call to schedule a Consultation
- Read our website
- Read the “what is neurofeedback” article, by Corey Hammond
- Notice the extensive bibliography in the links/resources
Will my insurance cover neuroAgility’s sessions?
Sadly, neurofeedback is not a covered mental health benefit. If you would like a weekly superbill to submit for reimbursement we can provide one upon request.
We ask all services are paid in full at the time of service.
How do I start the neuroAgility program?
- Call to schedule a consultation, 1 hour
- Once the consultation has been completed and we come to the consensus that nfb seems like a good idea; there are two appointments needed to get started.
First Appointment : 90 minutes
- IVA : 30 minutes
IVA Integrated Visual and Auditory Continuous Performance Test; A very good baseline measuring reaction time and response time to both auditory and visual stimuli.
- qEEG : 60 minutes
Brain mapping. We will give you instructions on what you need to do before having your electrical activity measured and artifacted.
Second Appointment : 45 minutes
A complete presentation and review of your qEEG results and protocol design with Director of nA, PC. Before this appointment there is an internal review with neuroAgility’s Medical Director, and team consultant reviewing all clinical data, comparison with map, and design of individual protocol. After this review, we will then begin neurofeedback training.
How many sessions of neurofeedback will I need?
It depends on which neurofeedback we deem has the best clinical results for your issues.
How many times a week would I do neurofeedback?
neuroAgility recommends training two times per week minimum. Each session is one hour. Every neurotherapist that works at nA, PC is a Licensed Professional and is a specialist in cognitive behavioral therapy. Offering a therapeutic setting, performance and support are big components of our work.
How long is a neurofeedback session?
We schedule our sessions for one hour. This gives us time for hook up and cleaning. We can then work and monitor all inventories and progress.
How much does this cost?
We will review cost with you at the consultation, or we can email you a price sheet. We have formal 20 Session Reviews where the whole team gathers to review progress; along with 40/60/80 Session Reviews. You can purchase nfb by individual sessions, or in packages of 10 or 20 at a discounted price.
If I were to come in for sports performance, how would I get started and what would we do?
We would start in a similar way to the traditional program, and spend more time and detail on the presenting issue. We have some very specific performance/athlete inventories that you will fill out, and they take a bit of time. This gives us insight on what detail is really needing work. Work can range from pre-performance routine/post-performance routine work, to us watching a competitive round of golf, to coming to a practice and meeting coaches. The work here is very specific, and the integration of the neurofeedback can be a key element along with mental strategy in taming the mind to up your game.
What am I looking for in a neurofeedback program?
- Clinic Director BCIA certification in Neurofeedback
- Board Certified Medical Direction (MD, Physician)
- Master’s Level and Licensed Clinicians
- qEEG driven protocol design only
- 2 times per week minimum brain training model
- Performance Coaching
- Family support, parent effectiveness training
- Administrative staff:
- scheduling / availability
- insurance claim submission and follow up
- State of the art brain training equipment
- Experience in the area you are looking for help with, for example, ADHD/ADD; Traumatic Brain Injury; Anxiety; Sleep; Aspergers; Seizure Disorder
How do I make an appointment for psychotherapy with Kerri Honaker, LPC?
Call our office to schedule a 45 minute meet and greet appointment with Ms. Honaker. This is a good way to meet each other and get a sense if it seems like a good fit for therapy.